Monday, September 7, 2015

Favorite Week & Favorite Meal (Well, one of them)

Last month my mom came out to visit. She stayed with us for a whole week! Some people might think EEEKKK, but not me... I was more like YAYYYYYY! You see, I've been blessed with a cool mom (and dad), I like hanging out with her! She's someone I'd choose as a friend even if she wasn't my mom. So maybe now you can understand my pure joy when she called to say she was coming to be with us! She's never stayed a whole week and she never stays with us in our house (her and my dad usually stay in a hotel). This trip was different and it was the best! I loved having her with us 24/7 and so did my babies! We went on adventures, shopping & just hung out! I got to cook for her and we even did some little workouts together (a first).



My mom doesn't cook much, so I used the time together as an opportunity to show her some healthy, easy recipes. It also challenged me to try new things. One night, she said she'd like to try zucchini noodles (which you all know, I make A LOT), but all we had was ground chicken for our meat... so my mom said I should try to make chicken parm with zucchini noodles. I'd never done that and don't usually use ground chicken with marinara but WOW it turned out fantastic! It was super easy too... which is just what I need these days with my two little ones.

Try this meal!!!! You'll love it! It now reminds me of that great week my mom spent with us!

*Maybe she'll read this and call me again to say "I'm coming!"... And mom, if you do, I'll make you that yummy dinner again ;-)

CHICKEN PARM W ZUCCHINI NOODLES
Serves 4


What you need:
1LB ground chicken
1 small sweet onion
1 small green bell pepper
1-2 minced garlic cloves
1/2-1 TBSP oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1C marinara sauce (low sugar)
2-3 medium zucchini
Parmesan cheese to topping

How to:
Saute onion & bell pepper 5-7 minutes. Add in garlic and stir. Now, put in the chicken and seasonings. Once chicken is cooked, add sauce and reduce to low heat. Cover.

Use a zoodle maker to turn your zucchini into noodles. Steam 5-7 minutes.

Top cooked zoodles w/ chicken mixture and sprinkle on a little parm. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment