Friday, July 24, 2015

Zucchini Mini "Pizzas"

I haven't posted in several weeks and I'm sure you've all been having withdrawls lol! But wait... I have a very good reason for my absence... I've been busy taking care of my TWO babies - Yep, our baby girl is here! She arrived on June 20th and she's the cutest little girl (as cute as newborns can be, at least)...  here's a peek...


As a mom of two, my days are spent feeding baby, potty training Tilman, feeding baby more, changing diapers, going crazy, playing trucks, cleaning up the trucks, finding trucks in my water cup, protecting baby from trucks flying at her head, feeding... ok, you get it!!! Busy!!!

So lately, my neighbors and my hubby have been doing the cooking for me... score!! 

Yesterday, my sweet neighbors brought us a lifetime supply of zucchini... haha! I LOVE zucchini and wanted to make something new with my delicious gifts. I decided to try out mini zucchini crust pizza things ;-) We had some ground buffalo in the freezer and my favorite marinara from Trader Joe's (super low in sugar), so I got to work!!

While my baby girl, Joyah, napped and my wild boy, Tilman, played in the backyard, I fired up the grill and began my adventure.


MINI ZUCCHINI "CRUST" PIZZA
What you need:
2 large zucchinis
1/2C low sugar marinara
1C mozzarella
sea salt, basil, oregano
Optional: lb ground beef or buffalo cooked with 1/2 a diced yellow onion & some more oregano and sea salt
Additional topping ideas: anything you'd put on a pizza ;-)

How to:
Slice zucchini into thick rounds. Sprinkle with sea salt, basil & oregano. Grill on medium for 7-8 minutes on one side. Let cool.

Top grilled side with sauce, toppings (buffalo for us) and cheese. Grill an additional 7-8 minutes. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment