Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Crunchy Rolled Tacos

I hate when I'm rolling tortillas for enchiladas or burritos and they crack! Ugh! So annoying... and just as annoying when trying to make crunchy rolled tacos! On Pinterest, all of the flauta recipes I saw came along with pictures of beautiful tortillas in wonderful shape - no cracks! Mine, not so much... But the good news is, they tasted so good no one noticed my messy rolling.

I used ground buffalo for this batch and it was a great choice. My family is big on buffalo! It's lean, high in protein and the kind I buy is all-natural, horomone-free!

As with most of my recipes, you can change it up to fit your needs. Try beans & rice or cheese, ground chicken, shredded chicken and cheese, beef, etc. Make it your own!

Here's how I made the buffalo crunchy rolled tacos...

They aren't Pinterest pretty, but they are pretty awesome!


BUFFALO CRUNCHY ROLLED TACOS
What you need:
1LB ground buffalo or beef
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1tsp cumin
1-2tsp chili powder
salt & pepper to taste
1/4C chopped cilantro
12-16 corn tortillas

How to:
Saute onion and bell pepper in a skillet for 5-7 minutes, until soft. Add meat and seasonings (not cilantro). Cook until meat is no longer pink. Set aside to cool and add cilantro.

Heat tortillas in microwave for about 30 seconds so they are soft and are less likely to rip (mine still did haha).

Spray baking dish with Pam. Preheat oven to 400. Scoop meat mixture into tortillas, roll tight and place in baking dish. Spray top with a little more Pam and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crunchy. Enjoy with some salsa and more fresh cilantro. I also dipped mine in some Greek yogurt as a sour cream sub. MMmmmmMMMmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment