Thursday, June 11, 2015

Italian Stuffed Chicken

I've been wanting to make some type of stuffed chicken for a while... If you're a regular here on my blog, you know I really like stuffed stuff haha! Stuffed peppers, mushrooms, zucchini boats, stuffed pitas... if it's stuffed, I want it! SO tonight was the night that I finally tried stuffed chicken! Wow... I was blown away!

I stuffed the chicken with bell pepper, basil and gouda cheese, then grilled it. It was so much easier than I thought, I managed to prepare and grill it in less than 30 minutes and that's with several breaks to play trucks with my demanding little boy ;-)

You can make any variation of stuffed chicken to fit your tastebuds.. that's the beauty of this meal - make it once a week and it can be totally different everytime. Next, I want to try pepperjack cheese, green chilies and cilantro .... ooooh!

Alright, here are the details...



ITALIAN STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
What you need:
2 large organic chicken breasts, fillet in half
4 slices gouda cheese
1/2  bell pepper, cut into strips
about 8 large basil leaves or dry basil
sea salt & oregano to taste

How to:
Carefully fillet chicken in half to make thinner. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Place basil, cheese and a few strips of bell pepper in the center. Roll breasts and secure with 1 or 2 toothpicks. Grill on medium for 7 minutes, flip and grill another 7 minutes or until cooked through.

I drizzled a little balsamic vinegar on mine before eating - must try!!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment