Monday, October 5, 2015

Fast Workout - Ball Exercises

After having my first baby, I decided I didn't want to go to the actual gym anymore. I didn't like the idea of leaving my baby at the daycare (although it would probably be good for him... but I'm too attached... ok, so it would totally be good for ME, but whatever haha!)

Anyway, just because I wasn't going to the regular gym, that definitely didn't mean I wasn't going to workout anymore!!! Instead, we decided to bring the gym to us! We now have everything we need right in our garage - a squat rack w/ olympic bar & weights, free-weights ranging from 8-30lbs, a bench, medicine ball, stability ball, pull up bar (see previous post), bike trainer (turns a regular bike into a stationary bike) and a BOSU ball. I also use my stairs inside for cardio and use the great outdoors for running... and that's all I need!

I often choose one or two pieces of equipment for the day and do everything with those. I find that the more simple, the better. I like supersets to save time and for a more intense workout.

Surprisingly, when working out at home, I get a much better workout in less time! I've not only cut out the drive to the gym (15 minutes each way) and the daycare (now my babies are my workout partners)... but I cut out the walking from one machine to the next and the needless chit-chat with randoms that I'd rather not talk to anyway haha... I can do a full workout in a 6 foot X 6 foot space if needed and I get it done in 15-30 minutes a day!

Here's how it's done.... Just pick the muscles you want to work (2-3 muscles) and pick a couple pieces of equipment... then get to work and don't stop until you are done!

Below is my hamstring & abs workout with a stability ball... ENJOY!
CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment