Monday, April 13, 2015

Protein Power House Salad

I love salads! I could eat them every night for dinner... but I don't cause my family would find a new mama... lol. I know most people think "diet" when you mention salad, but if you do it right, it doesn't taste "diety" at all! I pack my salads tall and wide!! I seriously throw on all the veggies I can find in the fridge and add extra protein to make them more filling.

Check out this beauty... Well, the eggs are sliced messy but I still find it lovely ;-) And it tasted AWESOME!


So, I'm not so much sharing a recipe this time, but more of a suggestion/idea for an easy meal that you can make many different ways...

Here, I had made a bunch of grilled chicken breasts earlier in the week. We used them for sandwiches (add green chilies a slice of cheese & spinach), with brown rice & veggies and for salads. This one had romaine lettuce, peas, jicama, sprouts, beets (my fav!), cucumber, avocado, chicken of course & a hard-boiled egg. I almost always use balsamic vinegar as my dressing, unless I'm making a Mexican-style salad, then I adore Taco Bell hot sauce as dressing lol!! 

The key to not getting sick of salads is to mix it up. Add different toppings each time - nuts, seeds, grilled veggies, cottage cheese, mozzarella, steak, garbanzo beans, a squeeze of lemon, a few corn chips and beans, etc... Get creative! Share your own masterpiece below!

Give it a try! Make a huge power salad for dinner this week! You'll feel light yet satisfied! 

No comments:

Post a Comment