Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Today's Workout - 20 minutes

I was running short on time today so had to do a quick workout. I seriously feel like my shorter workouts are often better than when I drag them out. I usually still managed to cram in all the things I normally do, but I literally run from one thing to the next.

Often times, we tend to just skip workouts when we only have 15 or 20 minutes, but that's almost never the right choice. Today, I decided to skip a shower instead of skipping my workout - lol. Gross? Maybe, but I don't feel gross ;-) I feel fit and accomplished. The shower will wait until tonight... It takes much less motivation for that than a workout. For me, waiting until the evening to workout is no good. I think about it all day long and then often feel like just putting it off until the next day. I am definitely a morning exerciser!

So, here's a workout you can do at home in 20 minutes or less. Fit it in where you can. We all have to make sacrifices, so you might need to put off that phone call or laundry or shower ;-) until later... but I promise, the exercise will make you feel much better and leave you with more energy to tackle the rest of the day and it's chores ;-)

BOOTY & CHEST
*Switch back and forth between exercises "A" and "B" for 2-3 sets before moving on to the next pair...

A. Jumping Switch Lunges (10 on each leg)
B. Wide Hand Push Ups

A. In Out Hop Squats (20-30)
B. Close Hand Push Ups

A. Single Leg Lunges (15-20 on each leg)
B. Hopping Push Ups (10-20 - it's ok to go on your knees)

*Finish with 100 donkey kicks on each leg. You can switch back and forth between the legs until you reach 100 on each.

No comments:

Post a Comment